CONCERT 4 — PLAY
Date: Sunday, May 4, 2019 – 2:00 p.m.
Venue: Dave Dunnet Community Theatre at Oak Bay High School
- Aaron Copland – Letter from Home – Dave Flello, trumpet
- Chaminade – Concertino – Mary-Jill McCulloch, flute
- Austin Scott, Jr. – Mohawk Legend – Gail Nash, English horn
- Elgar – Cello Concert, 1st movement – Nathan Jacklin, cello
- Kabalevsky – Comedian's Gallop – Warren Carrie, xylophone
- Richard Meyer – Viva Violas – viola section
- Anne Lauber – Violin Concerto #2 (Tehillim) – Raya Fridman. violin
- Smetana – Mauldau
Most of this afternoon's program will feature Civic Orchestra soloists accompanied by the orchestra — a wonderful opportunity to hear a variety of instrument voices.
Brian Wismath, music director